Sunday, September 27, 2009

Teriyaki Beef Shish Kabobs


This recipe is one of my mother's.  Growing up, we would have this just a few times a year and it was always one of my favorites.

1 ½ to 2 lb English roast or London broil


Marinade Ingredients:
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup water
1 tsp. meat tenderizer
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. ginger
½ tsp. Lawry’s seasoning salt
2 T brown sugar
¼ tsp. pepper

Directions:
  1. Cube the beef into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
  2. Combine the marinade ingredients and marinate the beef overnight.
  3. Place on gas or charcoal grill and grill until of desired "done-ness".
Cook's notes:  My mother always grilled the meat and served "as is".  I use this marinade as the basis for shish kabobs.  I marinate vegetables for 4-6 hours (overnight is too long) and alternate the beef and vegetables on skewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment