Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blueberry Pineapple Dump Cake

Yes, I realize that fresh blueberries are out of season.  However, thanks to my in-laws, we have several gallons of fresh blueberries frozen in our freezer :)  My husband worked late this week, so I thought I would surprise him with a fresh blueberry cake when he got home.

Ingredients:

3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
20 oz can crushed pineapple with juice
yellow cake mix (just the dry mix)
1 1/2 sticks melted butter
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

Place blueberries in greased 9x13 pan.  Pour pineapple evenly over the blueberries. 
Next place the dry cake mix on top.  Use a fork to gently even out the cake mix and break up any large clumps.  Cover cake mix with the chopped pecans.
Finally, pour the butter evenly over the top.
Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until lightly golden brown.  Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. This looks simple and the ingredients sound good. How is this one? Worth making? Do you think it would still work if I cut the butter down a little bit?

    ReplyDelete